Monday, July 12, 2010

The Day After the Buffett Concert





Well, it was as fun as I thought it would be. Thousands of people, young and old, crowded the white sand at the beach. It was amazing how well the day was organized. No chairs were allowed in the gates, but a beach towel was all you needed! If you have ever been to Shrimp Festival it was similar with the food and drink booths. Not to my surprise, Landshark beer was the only beer of choice. If one beer was sold, 20,000 was sold! Hopefully, the City of Gulf Shores was able to make a little profit off Landshark.
The only disappointment I had was the lack of friends that Jimmy Buffett had yesterday! There were so much talk of other artists that would make an appearance. I really had my hopes up for Brooks and Dunn. Their bus was there, but no show of the duo. I can't wait to see the reruns on CMT. What an experience!

2 comments:

  1. Leah-

    That must have been an experience. I love Jimmy Buffet, and so wanted to go. Several years ago we had gone to see him at Jazz Fest in New Orleans, it was so great seeing so many Parrot Heads there :)

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not able to get tickets but once they changed the date, there was a time conflict anyway. I enjoyed watching the show live on CMT. I agree that there could have been more "friends" but many of those you hoped for did benefit concerts for the floods in Nashville.
    I have VERY MUCH enjoyed reading your blogs about my home Baldwin County. Your blog should be on a Baldwin County tourism website! I just can't believe how blessed we are to live in such a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing your perspective!

    ReplyDelete